Welcome to Loddon Mallee Mental Health Carers Network Inc. (LMMHCN). The main focus of the LMMHCN is to understand the needs of carers of person/s with a mental health issue and advocate for improvements to your circumstances.
We understand that mental health is unpredictable, complex, inconsistent and largely invisible to the community, a carers role can be both emotionally and physically draining LMMHCN is overtly conscious of these factors and live these values at all times.
We aim to listen to carers of people with mental ill health to identify issues of concern; to influence and inform mental health services at a local level and to advocate and represent on your behalf to regional, state and federal governments and peak carer bodies.
LMMHCN represents a region defined by the area covered by the following ten municipalities - Swan Hill, Buloke, Gannawarra, Mildura, Loddon, Campaspe, Bendigo, Central Goldfields, Mount Alexander and Macedon Ranges.
Since 2010 LMMHCN has consulted/participated in:
- Mental Health reforms
- The new Mental Health Act
- The establishment of the Mental Health Complaints Commission
- Loddon Campaspe Southern Mallee Carer Participation Group
- Working party for Carers Conference
- Presented at Carer/Consumer forums
- Education for LMMHCN representatives and other mental health carers
- Extensive research on the perspectives of carers on housing needs and mental illness
- Facilitation of local carer support groups
- Carer Consultation 2016
Become a member of LMMHCN and keep up to date with the latest news and events simply fill out the form under the Members menu item or click on the link here for Membership to go directly to the page.
Alternately, you can subscribe to receive our "Carers Corner" newsletter which will be sent to your email address without becoming a member. Simply complete the subscription box on this or any page. Members are automatically subscribed.
If you want to find out more, then please contact us. Details are on the Contact Page.